Friday, November 8, 2013

A good cappuccino is not hard to find

Right here, in the lobby of my hotel. Yesterday when I was passing out from jet lag I had one of these and felt MUCH better.

Speaking of yesterday ... it was altogether ok. I went back to the clinic to complete my pre-employment physical. I had a vision test, hearing test, x-rays, ultrasound, ECG, and blood tests.  this was all conducted at the Al Warood Medical Center, which seems to be a general purpose medical clinic, with two floors and lots of diagnostic departments.  All of the nurses were Filipino and were very nice. My impression generally is that although the general cleanliness of the facility is not up to US standards, still it was a pretty good facility.

After struggling to stay awake I went out for a walk, and went to the shopping mall beneath the Kingdom Center. I guess shopping malls the world over tend to look the same, and even have the same shops. If you look closely, you can see the H&M logo on one of the stores.
There was an interesting exhibit of art there, but the description of it was all in Arabic. I thought the pictures were pretty nice.


3 comments:

  1. that second picture looks like canoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad had a picture somewhat similar to the second one, on our wall at home (Treichel Rd). And yes, it looks like old time Arabic and possibly Greek vessels. May be recalling one of the epic Mediterranean sea battles between the Ottomans and the West.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually we have that picture now, hanging at the top of our staircase. It is by an artist named Kadinsky I think. Here are some examples of his work:
    http://spacesbetweenthegaps.wherefishsing.com/2011/10/creative-cauldron-wassily-kandinsky.html

    ReplyDelete